HARRIS Bed Bug Killer, Diatomaceous Earth (1/2lb)
Free Expedited Shipping
100% Hassle-Free Returns
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Comprehensive - The powder is great for a thorough treatment, as it's able to effectively treat hard to reach areas
- Easy Application - The puffer tip makes application simple into cracks and crevices or as a surface treatment
- Fast Acting - Insects coming into contact with the powder will die within 48 hours of initial contact
- Long Residual - Continues to kill bed bugs for weeks after application as long as it's kept dry
- EPA Registered & OMRI Listed - Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 73729-1-3) for Use in Homes with People/Pets and Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute
Problem solving has a long heritage at PF Harris. In 1924, two years after its founding, the company tackled the Calvin Coolidge White House, which had been overrun for years by roaches and water bugs. Harris’s product was so successful in eliminating the scourge that he was described on the front page of the Washington Times as a "vermin slayer" who has just fought a decisive, winning battle with a horde of cockroaches which infested the lower regions of the Executive Mansion.
Over the course of the next few months Harris took “his final feast” to dozens of government buildings, including the Senate Office Building, the Department of Justice, the Supreme Court and Walter Reed Hospital. Success followed success: Each superintendent of the various buildings was highly satisfied with the results.
The company today stays nimble enough to respond to changing market demands, leading the way in the development of numerous products, including natural insect repellents like Swamp Gator and Swamp Gnat which repel biting insects without using deet. Beyond the products it sells, Harris helps customers find easy and economical solutions to pest problems through helpful labeling, instructive videos and personal advice.
It’s a brand with a reliable past and an innovative future. PF Harris is America’s oldest EPA-registered company. With more than 55 products, the company provides solutions to treat everything from roaches and bed bugs to scorpions and stink bugs.
Identify, Eliminate & Prevent
Harris Diatomaceous Earth Bed Bug Powder is an important part of the bed bug treatment process. Using a liquid spray and mattress encasement cover along with the powder will increase your chances of success. Below are the steps to identify, eliminate and prevent bed bugs infestations.
Bed Bugs are tan to brown blood sucking parasites up to 5mm long (roughly the size of an apple seed) with a flat, oval shaped body. Bed Bugs are often confused with the following insects:
- Carpet Beetle
Signs of Activity
Many people believe that bed bugs are too small to be seen. This isn’t true. While Bed Bugs are usually found in the bed, they can navigate around the bedroom and even into the living room. Bed bugs spend the day in harborages close to a bed, couch or chair that people sit in for long periods. They come out at night and crawl to a bed or chair to get a blood meal.
To check your bed for activity, look along the underside of the seams of the mattress. In most cases, if you have bed bugs you will notice dark colored fecal matter in this area.
Next, check the cracks of the headboard and bed frame. Bed bugs, if squished, will leave a dark red stain behind. In cases of heavy infestation, the blood sucking parasites may be found all around the room most commonly in the following places:
- Folds of curtains
- Seams of chairs and couches
- Behind wall hangings
- Edges of electrical outlets and window frames
Bed bugs usually feed between at night while we are asleep. They can feed up to 10 minutes before returning to a hiding area to digest the meal. After feeding, bed bugs may be dormant for 5 to 7 days while they digest the blood meal.
Although the bite may not be immediately felt, people often react to the proteins of the bed bug saliva introduced during biting. Usually, a reddish spot may develop, associated with some swelling and itching. There may be little response immediately following the bite, with peak itchiness being noticed one to two days later. Repeated exposure to bed bug bites may produce more intensive reactions and itchiness. However, these reactions are highly variable and some people may show absolutely no signs of being bitten while others react strongly. Fortunately, testing has determined that bed bugs are incapable of transmitting human pathogens.
- Wash and dry bed linens and furniture covers at high temperatures. Minimum drying time: 20 minutes.
- Disassemble bed. Thoroughly vacuum all six sides of box springs, mattress and bed components. Vacuum furniture, carpets and floors.
- Shake container prior to spraying mattress, box springs, bed components, flooring and baseboards. Allow to dry completely.
- Enclose mattress and box springs in encasements to prevent bed bug entry and exit. Do not remove encasements.
- Apply powder into cracks and crevices in furniture and rooms.
Most insecticides used for bed bug control are primarily of the pyrethroid class of pesticides, like Harris Bed Bug Killer. Elimination of bed bugs in a home involves use of effective insecticides applied to all points where bed bugs are present. Our water-based, odorless treatments must directly contact the bed bugs during application. Repeated insecticide applications within 4 weeks may be required to kill bed bugs that later hatch from eggs, along with those that may have been missed during earlier treatment.Vacuuming
Thoroughly vacuum all 6 sides of box springs and mattresses. Vacuum all cracks and crevices within the furniture of the bed and nearby electrical outlets, baseboards and floors prior to treatment. Empty the vacuum contents into a plastic bag and discard in trash.Handling Bedding
Sheets and other bedding can be easily disinfected by laundering that involves a dryer cycle. The high temperatures involved in drying are critical to successfully kill bed bugs, with exposure to temperatures exceeding 120º F for 20 minutes usually sufficient to kill all life stages.
When stripping beds during a bed bug treatment, pull the sheets carefully so as not to dislodge eggs or drop bed bugs onto the floor where they may be missed by other treatments. Accidental spread of bed bugs can also be prevented by bagging the bedding as it is moved to the laundry.Mattress / Boxspring Encasements
Mattress encasements enclose your mattress and box spring and are an integral step in the treatment process for two reasons: Firs, they protect your investment in bedding. Second, they reduce the areas where bed bugs can hide nearest to you. Water-resistant, tight-weave fabric prevents the entry of even the smallest bed bug.Disposal of Infested Items
Disposal may be considered for mattresses, box springs, couches or other furniture that is heavily infested with bed bugs. If this is done, proper disposal should be ensured. Leaving such items on the street for disposal may cause them to be scavenged, which will spread infestations to new dwellings. Be careful when removing the items from the structure so that bed bugs will not become dislodged and infest other areas inside.
Prior to Travel
- Spray luggage and allow to dry completely
- Pack clothing and personal effects in sealable plastic bags
- Bring extra resealable plastic bags for soiled clothing
- Place luggage in bathroom while you do inspection. If there are signs of bed bug activity, check out of that hotel
- Pull back the sheets back and check the along the seams of the mattress for bed bug feces
- Never put your suitcase on the bed and do not unpack your suitcase contents into dressers
- Re-pack luggage contents into sealable plastic bags
- Unpack luggage outside, or in a garage, laundry room or utility room. Leave luggage in garage, laundry or utility room
- Inspect luggage and clothing for signs of activity. If signs are found, spray luggage again
- Wash and dry clothing at high temperatures
Free Expedited Shipping on All Orders. Shipping times vary with an expected delivery of 3-5 days. Need it sooner? Select Express shipping for delivery in 1-2 days. All shipping times are independent of order processing. With the exception of USPS Postage stamps***
We process orders between Monday and Friday. Orders will be processed within 2 business days of ordering and shipped the next day after the processing day. Please note if you ordered multiple items we will try our best to ship them together however they may ship in multiple packages. We don't ship on weekends or Holidays. In situations where products are in high demand, processing time can take longer than 3 working days.
***All US Postage Stamp Booklets are shipped by standard envelope via USPS without a confirmation/tracking number to ensure we can provide Free Shipping on these items. Please allow 10-14 business days for the delivery of postage Stamps
We only ship to the contiguous United States. Please contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com.
Please ensure all delivery information is correct. If there is incorrect and/or missing information, we may be required to contact you to update the delivery information, which may cause delays in delivering your order. Delays may also occur as a result of customs clearance.
Your order may be delivered to you by either the local post office or a local courier. Depending on your area, most orders will be delivered by your local post service, so the package will be received with your regular mail. If you are not home when the delivery is made, a notice card may be left by the postal service to advise on how and where your delivery can be collected.
International Shipping Policy
We offer international shipping to many countries around the world. Please note that international shipments may be subject to customs fees, taxes, and other charges, which are the responsibility of the buyer.
- USPS: 2-3 weeks for delivery
- UPS: 1-2 weeks for delivery
Please note that these are estimated shipping times and can vary based on your location, customs processing times, and other factors beyond our control.
Shipping Methods: We offer two shipping methods for international orders:
- USPS First-Class Mail International: This is our standard shipping method, which offers affordable rates but may take longer for delivery.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited: This is our faster shipping method, which offers more reliable and faster delivery times, but comes at a higher cost.
Please note that some countries may have restrictions on certain products or shipping methods, and we reserve the right to cancel orders or change shipping methods based on these restrictions.
Tracking: All international shipments will include tracking information. Please note that tracking information may not be available for all countries or for all shipping methods.
Returns and Refunds: We accept returns for international orders within 30 days of delivery, as long as the items are in their original condition. Please note that we do not refund shipping fees or any customs fees, taxes, or other charges incurred during shipping.
If you have any questions about our international shipping policy or would like more information about shipping to your country, please contact us before placing your order firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Customs, Duties & Taxes
Recipients of international shipments may be subject to import taxes, fees, and customs duties (hereafter, "Import Fees"), levied by the customs office of your shipping destination. Import Fees vary according to the customs regulations of the destination country. Components that play a role in Import Fee calculations are (among others):
Product category and price
Shipping costs and package weight
Customs clearance channel
Import taxes based on custom duty amounts
Customs policies vary widely, and some countries don't charge Import Fees for shipments that fall below a minimum value. Contact the customs office of the destination country for more information.
The recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the destination country. Customs delays can affect original delivery estimates.
- Customs offices in some countries or regions require the importer of record to provide a form of identification before releasing a shipment, such as a Passport, Tax ID, etc.
*Please note that these are estimated delivery times only, therefore DealsXS is not guaranteeing delivery dates.
*International Shipping - Seller reserves the right to change shipping carriers if needed based on the weight and size of the package.
What payment types do you accept?
- We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
Is it safe to use my credit card on your site?
- Yes! The safety of your personal information is very important to us. For your security, we do not store your credit card information. We use a wide array of the best-in-class electronic and physical security measures and devices to protect your personal data and credit card information from unauthorized access.
What’s a Security Code?
- Security codes, sometimes called card verification (CCV) data, are the digits (usually 3) on the back of your credit card. For cardholder security, we ask you to input these digits during checkout
Why can’t I check out?
- There are a few reasons why you may not be able to complete checkout. Here are some solutions:
- Credit Card Number or CCV: Double check that your credit card number has been properly entered, ensuring that no spaces are between any of the numbers.
- Zip Code/Billing Address: Take a second look at your zip code, ensuring that you’ve input it properly.
How do I know my order went through?
- You know you have successfully placed an order when you get to the Order Confirmation page, which will list your order number. You will also receive an email confirmation of your order.
Can I cancel my order?
- As long as your order is still processing, we will do our very best to cancel your order once you have contacted us. Due to our goal to process orders as soon as we receive them, we cannot guarantee an order can be canceled once it is placed. If you’d like to cancel your order, please contact us via email at email@example.com
Are there any hidden or surprise fees or charges?
- On purchases, you will pay for the cost of the items you order plus any applicable taxes, and that's it!
Why do I sometimes see different prices for the same item?
- Our insider's list emails and site homepage display the lowest listed price for a given product. Some products are available in different sizes, colors, styles, or other options that may be listed at higher prices. For example, a set of twin-size bed sheets may cost less than that same set in king-size.
My question isn’t answered here. How can I get in touch with someone at DealsXS?
- If you have any questions or concerns that were not addressed in this FAQ or on our Policies or About Us pages, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where do you ship from?
- Our awesome teams ship directly to you from over 80 warehouses & suppliers around the US. Our main warehouse is located in Chicago, IL.
How much does shipping* cost?
- All items ship to you for free throughout the US. International shipping coming soon.
How do packages ship?
- It depends on what you're ordering. Each supplier has a contract with the carrier of their choice, so it could be USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.
How long will it take to receive my order?
- We ship from across the U.S so shipping times vary. In most cases, your item will ship within 1 business day. We do ask that you allow up to 2 to 5 business days total (business and standard) for your order to be shipped and delivered, just in case there are any unexpected delays. Express orders will ship & deliver within 24-72 hours.
- We offer international shipping to many countries around the world. Please note that international shipments may be subject to customs fees, taxes, and other charges, which are the responsibility of the buyer.
International Shipping Times:
- USPS: 4-8 weeks for delivery
- UPS: 1-2 weeks for delivery
Will I receive a tracking number for my order?
- Yes! When your order ships, you will be emailed a tracking number. Please note, it can take up to a week for that tracking number to appear on the carrier’s website.
Can I upgrade my shipping?
- YES! Free Expedited shipping available on all order. Want it faster? For $9.99 We will express your order VIA USPS Priority Mail Service.
What if I order multiple items? Will they ship together?
- Not necessarily, as we deal with hundreds of suppliers across the country and throughout the world. Your items will likely ship separately.
Is PayPal Cash Back applied to my order?
- No, it is credited to your PayPal account.
Where is my PayPal Cash Back?
- PayPal cashback is applied to your PayPal account after you place your order.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Do I have to pay for shipping back to DealsXS when I return an item?
- ALMOST-FREE RETURNS! HASSLE-FREE! Read more about our AWESOME return policy here.
How long do I have to return an item?
- For most items, you have 15 days from the receipt of delivery to make a return eligible. For more details please see our Returns page.
DealsXS.com Product Conditions
DealsXS.com offers deals on hundreds of thousands of Products-damaged, returned, open-box, and pre-owned products. A used or open box item purchased from DealsXS.com can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment. Renewed products come with the DealsXS.com Renewed Guarantee giving you a replacement or credit within 30 days of purchase if the item does not work as expected.
All of our products go through a quality check prior to being sold. We use conditions such as "Open Box" to give you an understanding of the overall condition the product is in. We then help you better understand the item condition by listing comments unique to that item.
An item that has been inspected and tested by DealsXS.com or an DealsXS.com-qualified performance-managed supplier, to work and look like new. The item has minimal to no signs of wear, or visible cosmetic damages when held from 12 inches away. Product may come repackaged. All accessories will be present, though some may be generic brands. The product comes with the DealsXS.com Renewed Guarantee giving you a replacement or credit within 30 days of purchase if the product does not work as expected.
An item in perfect working condition. Original protective wrapping may be missing. The original packaging may have minor damage, or item may come repackaged. Package damage is clearly defined for each item. All accessories are present.
**Almost-Free Returns is available ONLY for customers that pay the additional re:do coverage at checkout. The delivery addresses must be within the 50 states of the United States only, including Alaska and Hawaii. Almost-Free Returns is available to APO/FPO addresses when using a United States zip code only. Additional geographic shipping restrictions may apply to particular products.
**Almost-Free Returns is NOT available for International Orders, For more info please email us.
Have a question?
HARRIS Bed Bug Killer, Diatomaceous Earth (1/2lb)