12" Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with 100% APEO & PFOA-Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating from Germany
- Utilizes a stone-derived coating from Germany that is 100% free of APEO, GenX, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA, and the lesser known chemicals NMP and NEP.
- Eco-friendly pan delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without risk of exposure to these controversial chemicals.
- Features a hardened scratch-resistant coating that is super easy to clean.
- Interior of pan made out of durable heavy-gauge aluminum, with a magnetized base for use with rapid heat transfer induction stoves.
- Boasts a comfortable heat-resistant silicon coated handle that is reinforced to the pan via 3 solid rivets.
Utilizing a custom-formulated stone-derived coating from Germany, the Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri reigns with its ability to deliver non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of toxic substances such as APEO, GenX fluorinated chemicals, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA, and the lesser known NMP and NEP. According to the FDA, many of these chemicals constitute a worrisome class of nonstick compounds that have found their way into the food chain, including grocery store meats and seafood. Both the EPA and FDA have conducted toxicology research on exposure to some of these compounds that suggest associations with several kinds of cancers and health issues. Although the harmful PFOA and PFOS acids are being phased out of production, non-stick coatings today are often made with the aid of a new generation of fluoropolymers, known as GenX fluorinated chemicals and PFBS, which the EPA has more recently cited as suggestive of cancer and when consumed, may affect the kidneys, blood, immune system, liver and developing fetuses. Also of concern are APEO chemicals, which are restricted in Germany due to environmental concerns and toxicity in the food chain. By not using any of these ‘forever chemicals,’ the Stone Earth Pan's coating stands ahead of the curve, achieving the highest marks for food safety and environmental health. In addition, the Stone Earth Pan’s coating is applied using a water-based technique that is also free of the lesser known but potentially harmful chemicals NMP and NEP, sometimes found in cookware. The Stone Earth Pan is far more durable and scratch-resistant than other non-stick surfaces, and always a breeze to clean. The Stone Earth Frying Pan is made of a heavy-gauge aluminum core that allows for fast and even cooking without hot spots. It boasts a magnetized bottom for rapid heat transfer on induction stoves, and a heat-resistant silicone-coated handle. Coating made by Weilburger GmbH, Germany. Pan assembled in China..