- Mermaid vibes for days! Aquamarine is one of our most pigmented blues with aquamarine/teal undertones. It'll turn out most vividly on pre-lightened hair, but will still work to give a deep teal tint to darker shades of unbleached hair.
- #AFProTip: To cover a more brassy-toned blonde, try mixing Aquamarine with a little bit of Purple Rain to get a perfect cobalt or a deep indigo!
- Made only from vegan ingredients with no animal by products. No harmful chemicals in Arctic Fox Hair Color that damage the hair like chemical based hair dyes.
- Arctic Fox Hair Colors are gentle for frequent use and actually conditions your hair as it restores vibrancy. Long lasting Colors, Smears Less, Sweet Scent, No Peroxide, No Ammonia, No Ethyl Alcohol, No PPD.
- DIY Formula, Hydrating + Zero Damage, Best Results With Pre-Lightened Hair, Always Do a Patch & Strand Test Before Coloring.
Aquamarine is a vibrant turquoise shade that is highly pigmented. It looks best on pre-lightened hair but can give a teal tint to lighter natural hair as well.
Founded in 2014 by beauty guru, influencer and animal lover Kristen Leanne and partner Ryan Morgan
100% Vegan & Cruelty-Free
We’re committed to providing vibrant, beautiful hair color that is always vegan and cruelty-free. 15% of all of our profits are donated to charities dedicated to ending animal abuse. We love to volunteer with local organizations, but mainly focus on three charities in particular:
- Second Chance Animal Services
- International Fund for Animal Welfare
- Animal Hope & Wellness Foundation
Arctic Fox Hair Color
Conditioning, Semi-Permanent Hair Dye
Arctic Fox Hair Color is a semi-permanent direct dye, meaning it only deposits color; no developer needed! All semi-permanent colors will fade, but not all fade equally. Arctic Fox is formulated to fade within the original color spectrum, so as the color fades, the shades will continue to be the same gorgeous hue. This also means that your base color is very important to your end result. For the most vivid, long-lasting results, apply to pre-lightened hair.
- Most vibrant results on pre-lightened hair
- Super Conditioning + Zero Damage
- Lasts up to 4-8 weeks on average but greatly depends on your hair type and hair care routine
- Made in Southern California
How do you know what level your hair is?
Level refers to the lightness of your hair; a level 1 is black while a level 10 and above is platinum blonde. Most AF colors will turn out best on hair around a level 7 (medium blonde) or lighter!
How to Use Arctic Fox and Protect Your Color
1. Strand Test
Apply a small amount of dye to your inner elbow & leave for 24 hours to ensure there’s no allergic reaction. If you’re clear, then test the color on a 1 inch square of your hair (somewhere it won’t be noticeable!) to see exactly how it will turn out before applying it all over.
2. Apply to Hair
Apply to freshly cleaned hair that has been washed with shampoo only, no conditioner, and fully dried. For best results, apply to hair that is lightened to level 7 or above.
3. Leave in Hair
Leave in for 40 minutes as a minimum. The AF formula is so gentle and conditioning though, so you can leave it on for longer if you prefer!
4. Rinse Out
Rinse the dye out with cold water until it runs mostly clear. See our color care tips below to help your color last longer.
Wash in Cold Water
Wash with sulfate-free, silicone-free shampoo and conditioner, and rinse with cold water. The more you wash the more it fades your color: try dry shampoo in between washes!
Avoid High Heat Styling
High heat can strip color out of hair, so make sure to turn down the temperature on your heat tools such as curling irons or straighteners, and use a heat protectant for your hair when you do style it.
Prolonged exposure to water fades color, and chlorine especially can strip almost all the color out of your hair in one swim! If you’re planning on going swimming you can try color-sealant products or swim caps, or you can do what we do and bring a 4 oz with you on vacay to touch up your color while you’re there!
Add Dye to Your Conditioner
Add some leftover color to your sulfate-free conditioner and use it every time you wash your hair! This not only ensures you get the most out of your color, but it keeps your color vibrant for longer.